Growing in Faith

This week our oldest son is away at camp and having a blast! So much so that he is having a hard
time even texting or calling us in the evenings. 
 
It has been difficult for me since he is still in high school and I am use to hearing about what 
happens each day. But that isn't the real issue, the real problem stems from a new area I need to 
learn to give over to God.
 
In one year, our first born son will be going away to college and this week is giving me a glimpse
into what it will be like. He is a guy who is full of life and in the moment. He doesn't spend a lot of
time on social media or on the phone. He has so many good qualities and is such a joy be around (97% of the time). I will miss him terribly.
 
The other night I went to God in prayer to ask for help dealing with this realization of what is to come. 
I know the next year will go by so fast. As I lay in bed praying, asking for wisdom on how to handle all
of this, God was reminding me of the truth.
 
Here are the thoughts that came to my mind:
 
God is good.
God loves us.
He wants our best.
We can trust God.
His ways are best.
All things are working together for good.
I am to live for His will.
I am to surrender my will.
I am to be joyful in all things always.
I am to let go and let God........
I am to walk in His Word.
I am to live in gratitude.
I love God.
I am to delight in Him.
 
I decided to write all of this down in my journal to remind me of truth and keep my eyes focused
on Jesus rather than the vague doubts that Satan wants me to worry about. God wants to lovingly remind me of the truth and show me how He wants me to grow.
 
We have 7 baby birds in a nest under our front porch right now that are growing very fast. In just a short time, they will no longer need their momma to feed them and they will be able to fly. If the baby birds never left the nest, it just wouldn't be the way it was meant to be and they would not learn to take care of themselves.
 
The same is true with our kids; there comes a time that they must fly and learn to feed themselves. 
Its just the way it was meant to be. God has great plans for them just like He does for us.
 
Only by giving our cares to God and trusting Him, will we be in His will. My heart is to seek Him
above all else. So I work at daily surrender to His plans and thank Him for every good thing. 
 
How is God growing your faith today?


Jeremiah 17:7 “But blessed are those who trust in the Lord and have made the Lord their hope and confidence."



No comments: